What is CPIN?
The California Preschool Instructional Network (CPIN) is brought to you by the California Department of Education, Early Learning and Care Division in collaboration with the Center for Child and Family Studies at WestEd and the California County Superintendents Educational Services Association (CCSESA).
Through regional communities of practice (CP) and series of professional learning experiences, CPIN promotes promising practices in early learning, family engagement, and equity, and emphasizes a whole-child approach.
Organized into 11 regions of the state, CPIN instructors provide research-based teaching and learning strategies that are age and developmentally appropriate and highlight inclusive practices and support for ALL children. Instruction incorporates adult learning theories and is intentional, reﬂective, and interactive with hands-on learning and time for planning. Mendocino County is part of Region 1 along with Del Nort, Humboldt, Lake, and Sonoma counties.
Trainings Announced for Fall 2020
This fall, CPIN will be piloting a new statewide training on Responsive Early Education for Children and Families Experiencing Homelessness. This training is formatted to allow us to gather your feedback before rolling out this new training across the state.
Additionally, we will offer trainings on Visual and Performing Arts, Dialogic Reading, Health, Social-Emotional Development with a focus on Interactions, English Language Development with a focus on Listening and Speaking, and Inclusion Works!! Most trainings are two hours long with a one-hour homework assignment to be completed before the training. Zoom and homework links will be sent out the week before the training and a certificate of attendance will be posted on the registry.
- September 18th, 1:00-3:00 p.m. HEALTH Link to register
- September 24th, 2:00-5:00 p.m. Best Practices: Responsive Early Education for Children and Families Experiencing Homelessness-state pilot Link to register
- September 28th, 5:00-7:00 pm VISUAL ART Link to register
- October 10th, 10:00-12:00 p.m. HEALTH Link to register
- October 15th, 5:00-7:00 p.m. DIALOGIC READING Link to register
- October 27th 2;00-4:00 p.m. English Language Development-Listening and Speaking Link to register
- November 4th, 3:00-5:00 p.m. Social-Emotional Development-Interactions Link to register
- November 14th, 10:00-12:00 p.m. English Language Development-Listening and Speaking Link to register
- November 19th, 5:00-7:00 p.m. INCLUSION WORKS! Link to register
All registration will happen through the workforce registry, if you don’t have a registry number, please go to www.caregistry.org