The Orr Creek School program is provided by the Mendocino County Office of Education in collaboration with Mendocino County Children’s System of Care. This program serves students with emotional challenges and who are placed through the Individualized Educational Program (IEP). The program provides intensive counseling to build emotional competence and social skills for students and their families.
The goal and focus of the program is to help students achieve greater behavioral, emotional and academic independence so they can return to less restrictive school settings. The program is currently set up to serve students grades K-5 (individual exceptions will be considered).
The program includes the following key components:
- A structured behavioral program including a level system that supports positive behavior
- Safe environment including crisis management, educational counseling and social skills acquisition
- Active family participation in all program components
- A therapeutic environment throughout each school day in addition to weekly individual counseling
- Daily social skills groups and individual and group counseling as necessary
- Standards-Based Curriculum with Individualized Educational Programs
- Opportunity for transition to less restrictive educational setting
- Partnership with Mendocino County Mental Health and other agencies
Orr Creek School
1011 Low Gap Road
Ukiah, CA 954821